Site Waste Management Plans
An effective Site Waste Management Plan (SWMP), should not only save you money, but will also keep you legally compliant.
The Site Waste Management Plan Regulations 2008 have crept up on the business community and many arrangements are either non-existent or do not meet the legal minimum requirements.
As a quick guide, the following questions will help to determine if you are affected. However, bear in mind that even if they are all “no”, it might still mean that you cannot ignore the requirements, so make sure you check with us before discounting it completely.
- Are you involved with a construction project? In the Regulations construction actually includes demolition, renovation, repair and refurbishment?
- Is the project for over £300K?
- Are you involved as either the client, principal contractor, or sub-contractor?
What can we do to help?
We have been involved with the SWMP requirements from their introduction and actually designed and deliver a SWMP training course on behalf of the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM).
We have assisted a wide range of organizations with their SWMP knowledge, to include Shell UK, Ipswich BC and SGS Consulting.
We have also worked with the Environment Agency Waste Crime Unit, who we know are interested in the contents of the regulations, their application and other issues relating to construction waste.
We are able to provide a range of services to help you with your Site Waste Management Plan compliance, to include:
- Carrying out an Audit of your existing SWMP provision
- Delivering training to managers, or site staff on SWMP requirements and implementation
- Preparing your SWMP
Please contact us if you would like to discuss the SWMP requirements and how we might work together to make sure that you remain compliant.